One thing I have learned from my coaching sessions is what a gift it is to take a point of pause. The conversations my clients and I have are vibrant, rich, zesty, expansive, spicy, insightful, truthful and powerful as we move past the noise and into clarity.
The ability to reflect is critical to leadership. In today’s world of multi-tasking, double-booked meetings, moving things forward, and adapting to ever-changing landscapes requires someone (hopefully the leader) to step out of the busyness of business to “pause,” take a deep breath, and “step onto the balcony” to notice:
- What is moving forward?
- What is our vision?
- What else is moving into our field of possibility?
- Are we really working on the right stuff?
- What have we achieved?
- Who are the people who are making the good stuff happen and how can I support them?
- Where do I need to expand my knowledge and awareness?
This ability to pause provides you with:
- Connectedness to the people and business
- Clear points to communicate to your teams, stakeholders, and customers to provide your teams and customers with the confidence that we are making progress and moving in the right direction
Clarity is “the power of pause.” Take time to connect, assess, and communicate to instill the clarity of focus everyone needs in a very noisy and distracted world.
Lead with clarity,