“Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would be different.” Katherine Mansfield
Those who see the obstacles…actually see obstacles. Those who do not see the obstacles ….do not get stuck. This is such a simple concept and very simply true.
Leaders who have the ability to shift their perspective do not get stuck and have the ability to grow and move forward. Making the shift seems easy and yet there is a process….as follows:
1. Define what is keeping you from moving forward
2. Acknowledge it
3. Define what irritates you about it
4. Consider how you could use your irritation to define a more productive and positive step forward.
5. Define how you could take the first steps in a new direction and what you would have to let go of to move forward
6. Move forward in the new direction
While this seems simple and it is …..it takes trust in yourself, the new direction and the ability to let go to move forward with strength,ease and confidence.
“We may not be able to change an outer circumstance, but we do have a choice in how we perceive it and react to it. A positive attiude is powerful thing.” — Hillary Carlip