“All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei
Miguel has a long history of creating success for himself and others. There are many qualities that make him an outstanding leader. The one that stands out to me as foundational to his success in any scenario is the ability to seek truth.
Miguel has an innate sense to seek to understand a situation. Because of this he is able to use his time and talent well to help others achieve their goals. Here are the skills he practices that allow him to build incomparable sales achievement with his teams and developing high performing leaders:
- He asks questions to ensure he and the other are on the same page
- He does his home work and educates himself before stepping into a presentation or conversation
- He makes sure everyone has the same clarity of purpose and objective
- He is not afraid to ask hard questions
- He lets others know he will partner with them to build their success – and they will be responsible to make it happen
- He co develops processes with others to achieve the goal
- He holds others accountable to their commitments
- He builds winners by having them define their goals and owning them
- He sticks with an issue or opportunity until is solved or achieved
- He expects others to play at their best potential in any situation — so they did and do
I think Steve Covey must have had lunch with Miguel when he wrote this quote, “seek first to understand and then to be understood.”
Go ahead, put a little Miguel in your day and watch your people soar.