“Over-seriousness is a warning sign for mediocrity and bureaucratic thinking. People who are seriously committed to mastery and high performance are secure enough to lighten up.” Michael J. Gelb
Leadership requires bold, creative, insightful and fresh thinking. If you find yourself caught in intense swirls of thinking, lighten up. Your ability to look at situations as light and easy to work through creates a good working environment and better outcomes.
Below are key techniques for lightening up:
- Is this a life saving moment?
- What could be a fun way to solve the problem?
- Ask others for their creative ideas to approach a situation?
- Define a new vision that would be cool to achieve
- What could be a fun stretch goal in this moment?
- What could you do different that would make the situation lighter and more inspiring for others?
Deep within you, you are aware how empowering and freeing it is for yourself and others when you lighten up. It creates a better conversation and outcomes for all involved. Unless you are doing brain surgery or saving the world, lighten up and open up to better ideas and outcomes for all.
“Talking about problems is our greatest addiction. Talk about opportunities, possibilities, vision, and joy.”
Be In Joy,