Feeling tired and overwhelmed? I recommend the simple advice that can be found on a bottle of Calafia Farms’ almond milk. “Shake Well. Settling is Normal.”
We have been through an uncommon time in history filled with high change and disruption. Maintaining your resiliency, adaptability, creativity, resourcefulness, capability, and happiness takes a commitment to self-care, self-growth, and self-leadership to continually step into the challenges. The “Shake Well. Settling is Normal” reference reminds me of the fact that the best things in life happen when you shake things up. Leaders rarely settle, they are always moving and growing.
If you are a leader who aspires to grow, change, and lead well in all aspects of your life, below are several tips to make sure you are tending to the asset of you.
Celebrate You – if you are in a leadership role, people will rarely say thank you or stop to make sure you are taking care of you. Honor yourself for your:
- Ability to adapt and change.
- Insight to define the change and develop a path forward.
- Focus on building and retaining a strong team.
- Forward-focused mentality to move yourself and others through change.
- Compassion for others and yourself as you move through dynamic change.
- Courage to see a new future and work towards it.
- Ability to lead and pivot in ambiguity.
- Commitment to grow and develop others.
- Take care of your health. You know the wellness standards, make sure you are taking care of your body so it can match your pace of growth and change.
- Go on vacation.
- Take mini-vacations.
- Shut off technology and go do something fun in the evening.
- Learn a new hobby.
- Journal at the end of each day and consider the long view.
- If you work remotely, take time to go to events and connect with friends.
- Go for a walk in nature regularly.
Maintain the Balance of High Achievers
- Keep practicing, learning, growing, and developing.
- Learn from others
- Hone your craft.
- Take time off to let new skills and practices integrate.
- Build relationships and connections in all genres of business and life.
- Have the courageous conversations.
- Know your values.
- Stay astute.
- Enjoy your family and friends.
- Have a life.
- Stay open.
- Be curious.
Thank you for the amazing job you have done in moving through this uncommon time. You have amazing new skills! Write them down, know them and leverage them as you move into a bold new future.
Keep Managing the “Shake Well” and remember, “Don’t Settle!”
You’re the best!